We all know the cold, hard truth – Life gets busy. But here are five reasons to do family pictures because sometimes we forget their importance. But one thing to remember as parents are that family pictures have extreme significance. And, the reasons for them are even moreso.
- Your family portraits show your family’s personalities.
When family photos are done correctly, you display them proudly. The reason? We document every single personality beautifully. You enjoy what you see, and your heart swells with joy and contentment. You love looking at each picture knowing just how beautiful your family truly is; for all the reasons – not just because the pictures are pretty.
- Your family portraits allow you to step back and see your story as it’s being made.
The good thing about a documenting your family yearly is that as time passes, you have a timeline of how your family has grown. Who doesn’t want to see each moment from the first kiss as a couple, to baby bumps, and first steps, all the way to graduation? Each part of your story deserves to be told, and you deserve to be present for it all.
- You have the freedom to make your family session unconventional, and raw. When selecting the right family photographer, you have total control of the style that fits you best. You choose whether you want to be posed, or if the kids are gonna run wild and free. You decide whether you want sunset, or full sun. And, you also decide where you family feels their best. All of these choices matter, but you don’t have to fit a box to have your family photos done. Isn’t that exciting?
- Your family photos are an unhinged view into your kids’ imaginations.
How awesome is it that in photographs give us unfiltered views of a child’s world? Each photograph is a true record of your life, and the way your children view it. The view is raw, and organic. Also, each of these pictures are a piece to a bigger story that your family will tell for the rest of your lives.
- Your family pictures allow you to remember yourselves in the perfect ways you are.
It really isn’t a secret that children seeing photos of themselves increases confidence. However, family portraits also strengthen your family bonds. Seeing your family together in pictures also gives visual confirmation that your family is close. And that you are perfect just as you are.
Family pictures might be something that you put off for later, or for next Fall or Christmas, however, their importance never goes away. Each passing day is a day we don’t get back. And, each day passing is another “last” you might experience. So, make the time.
Don’t you want to update your walls anyway?
5 Reasons to do Family Pictures | What to Expect From Your Outdoor Photography Session
Follow on Instagram